PINpass provides simple to use, multi-factor authentication for organisations looking for a standard OATH compliant security solution. Use PINpass to provide one time codes on a separate device without the cost and complexity of traditional hardware token solutions.
How it works
PINpass uses two unique and separate factors: The ‘something you have’ is in the form of a standards compliant (RFC 4226 & 6238) random One Time Pin (OTP); sent to a mobile device via SMS or email, or accessed totally offline via the Authlogics Authenticator App. The ‘something you know’ can either be a user selected static PIN number, or an existing Active Directory password which saves the user from having to remember an additional code; or don’t use a password at all with OTP only mode.
The Authlogics Authenticator Mobile App can generate a new 6, 7 or 8 digit OTP every minute. The App does not require any connectivity to function and runs 100% offline which is ideal for travelling users or areas where there is limited connectivity. The Authlogics Authenticator App is available from all major app stores.
Authlogics MFA can generate 6, 7 or 8 digit OTP’s which are delivered to users in Real-Time or Pre-Send configurations without the requirement for a mobile app. Real-Time OTP’s are sent one at a time, and only when the user needs to log in. Pre-Send OTP’s are sent initially when the user is first enabled for PINpass, and then after the last Pre-Send OTP has been used. These tokens can be delivered via SMS/TEXT or email.
- Replace traditional hardware tokens with the free Authenticator Mobile App available in all app stores
- Work 100% offline, no connectivity required
- Improve security when accessing internal & Cloud-based applications such as Office 365
- Deliver One Time Pins via SMS/TEXT, email or using the soft token app
- Pre-Send OTPs via SMS to email
- Cost effective batch sending of OTPs when using SMS