Remote Desktop Agent
Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Services provides a convenient way for users to access published applications remotely. Users are able to access remote apps and full desktop sessions from any PC with an Internet connection and it’s simply delivered through a Web-based portal (the RDWeb website). The Authlogics Remote Desktop Agent further enhances the security of the solution.
Out of the box, the portal uses standard forms based authentication which requires users to enter their Active Directory username and password to gain access. While the Remote Desktop functionality provides many business benefits, many IT security departments face the issue that it does not include any built in Two Factor Authentication (2FA), and therefore doesn’t meet the security requirements defined by their company’s policy, especially when being accessed remotely.
Organisations requiring strong authentication with Remote Desktop typically had to resort to larger, more expensive solutions, such as Citrix, to benefit from built in 2FA. The Authlogics Remote Desktop Agent bridges the gap by providing the missing strong authentication layer.
Features and Benefits
- Enables Remote Desktop to comply with corporate 2FA remote access policies
- Quick deployment
- Seamless integration with AuthCentral server deployments
- Supports both 1.5 and 2 Factor Authentication
- No additional authentication server changes needed
- Un-obtrusive change, style looks and feels consistent
- Provides PINgrid, PINphrase and PINpass functionality in a single agent